BOI National Swasthya Bima Policy is a very attractive Mediclaim policy by Bank Of India. This health insurance policy provides complete family cover-up at a very attractive premium rate.
This policy is under-written by National Insurance Co. Ltd., which provides it at a very low premium rates as compared to other companies.
Firstly, please note that this policy is ONLY for account holders of Bank of India. So, if you’re planning to buy this policy, you should first open savings / current account in Bank of India.
The best feature of this policy is that there are no sub-limits which are generally in many mediclaim policies now-a-days.
BOI National Swasthya Bima Policy Intro
BOI National Swasthya Bima policy is a unique Health insurance Policy designed especially for the Account holders of Bank of India. The entire family consisting of the account holder, spouse and two dependent children can be covered under this policy.
This policy covers Hospitalization expenses for account holder and family. In case of Hospitalization Expenses, the entire family is covered for the Floater Sum Insured as opted for, i.e., either one or all members of the family can utilize the Sum Insured during the policy period.
Age: 3 months to 65 years. However, renewals are allowed up to life time at a premium loading of 25% of the specified premium.
BOI National Swasthya Bima Policy Scope of Cover
- Room, Boarding expenses as provided by the Hospital/Nursing Home.
- Nursing expenses. ¬
- Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialists Fees.
- Anaesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre Charges, Surgical appliances, Medicines & Drugs, Diagnostic Materials and X-Ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Cost of pacemaker, Artificial Limbs and cost of organs and similar expenses.
- Coverage options – 8 Slabs ranging from Rs.50, 000/- to Rs.5, 00,000/-, is available.
BOI National Swasthya Bima Policy Premium Rates
Following is the premium rate for this policy. Please check with the bank for changes, if any.
The above premium is same for individual or family.
BOI National Swasthya Bima Policy Additional Covers
- Ambulance charges not exceeding Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) per Policy period.
- In case of Hospitalisation of children below 12 years, a lump sum amount of Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) per policy period towards the out-of-pocket expenses. The payment will be made on the basis of a declaration from the parent without insisting on any supporting bill/cash memo.
- Cost of health check-up: It is allowed at the rate of 1% of the sum insured after completion of three continuous claim free years of policy/policies issued by National Insurance Company Ltd. only.
- Pre & Post Hospitalisation Expenses for first 30 days and 60 days respectively.
- Pre-existing Diseases Cover:
Benefits for pre existing diseases will be available only after the completion of 36 months of continuous coverage since inception of the first policy with us.
Pre-existing disease shall mean any condition, ailment or injury or related condition(s) for which you had signs or symptoms and/or were diagnosed and/or received medical advice/treatment within 48 months prior to your first policy with us.
- Maternity Benefit and Baby Care Expenses are also reimbursed up to 5% of the sum insured.
- In case of death in hospital, funeral expenses are reimbursed up to Rs.1000/- over and above the sum insured subject to original illness/accident claim admitted under the policy.
BOI National Swasthya Bima Policy FAQ
Q: What are the medical expenses covered under Mediclaim policy?
A: The policy covers reimbursement of reasonable and necessary expenses incurred on treatment of illness / disease / injury during the currency of the policy like room rent, nursing care, Doctor’s fee, investigations charges, medicine charges, operation theatre and like expenses, which fall within the available limit up
to the maximum of Sum Insured in any one period of insurance stated in the policy schedule.
Q: What are the expenses not covered under Mediclaim policy?
A: Mediclaim policy does not cover the following:
1. Expenses incurred on cost of Spectacles, Contact Lenses, Hearing Aids, Dental Treatment unless requiring Hospitalization, Sterility, Intentional self injury and other exclusion clauses mentioned in the policy.
2. Expenses incurred at Hospitals/Nursing Homes primarily for Diagnostic, X-Rays or Laboratory examination, which are not consistent with or incidental to the diagnosis and treatment of the positive existence of any ailment.
3. Registration / admission / file charges, extra food charges, attendant charges etc.
Q: Can my whole family be covered under a single BOI National Swasthya Bima policy?
A: Yes, your spouse, 2 dependent children can be covered on the Premium paid for them.
Q: What is the age limit for Mediclaim policy?
A: The Insurance is available to persons between age of 3 months and 65 years. Renewal can be extended on payment of extra premium after age of 65 years.
You may download the complete FAQ of this policy from here.
You may get more details about this policy from official website of Bank of India also.
More details of this policy from IRDA is here.
If you’ve any doubts regarding this policy, please share it in below comments form.