How to apply PAN card online?
PAN (Permanent Account Number) card is one of the most important financial card in India. You need PAN card in all sorts of financial transactions like bank, mutual funds, life insurance, PPF, post office saving schemes etc. Failure to submit PAN card may attract 20% TDS deduction on maturity of financial instruments like fixed deposit, life insurance policy etc.
So, you must understand the important of PAN card.
In this article, we are explaining how to apply new PAN card online and pay the fees via Netbanking, credit card etc.
Visit the official website of Income tax department at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/form49A.html
You’ll get screen something like this:
The screen shows important instructions to fill-up the form and what to do after that. Read all the instructions carefully. At the end of the screen, select your category like individual, Firm, Company, Trust, HUF etc. and click on Select button.
The next screen is something like this:
Now, start filling up the online form.
Important points to keep in mind
- On confirmation, an acknowledgement will be displayed. The acknowledgement will contain a unique 15-digit acknowledgement number.
- The applicant is requested to save and print this acknowledgement.
- ‘Individual’ applicants should affix two recent colour photographs with white background (size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space provided in the acknowledgement. The photographs should not be stapled or clipped to the acknowledgement. The clarity of image on PAN card will depend on the quality and clarity of photograph affixed on the acknowledgement.
- Signature / Left Thumb Impression should only be within the box provided in the acknowledgement. The signature should not be on the photograph affixed on right side of the form. In case of applicants other than ‘Individuals’, the authorized signatory shall sign the acknowledgement and affix the appropriate seal or stamp. The signature should not be on photograph. If there is any mark on photograph such that it hinders the clear visibility of the face of the applicant, the application will not be accepted.
- Signature / Left hand thumb impression should be provided across the photo affixed on the left side of the form in such a manner that portion of signature/impression is on photo as well as on acknowledgement.
- Thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer under official seal and stamp.
- If communication Address is within India
(a). The fee for processing PAN application is 105.00 ( 93.00 + 12.36% service tax).
(b). Payment can be made either by
– Demand Draft
– Credit Card / Debit Card
– Net Banking
(c) If any of addresses i.e. office address or residential address is a foreign address, the payment can be made only by way of Credit Card / Debit card and Demand Draft payable at Mumbai.
- If communication Address is outside India
(a). The fee for processing PAN application is 971.00[ (Application fee 93.00 + Dispatch Charges 771.00) + 12.36% service tax].
(b). Payment can be made only by way of Credit Card / Debit card and Demand Draft payable at Mumbai.
(c). At present the facility for dispatch of PAN cards outside India is available for a select list of countries. Applicants from other countries may contact NSDL at the contact details given in point (v) below.
This point is not applicable if applicant is providing the representative assessee details in the point no.14 of application form
- Demand draft and cheque should be drawn in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’.
Demand draft shall be payable at Mumbai and the acknowledgement number should be mentioned on the reverse of the demand draft.
- Applicants making payment by cheque shall deposit a local cheque (drawn on any bank) with any HDFC Bank branch across the country (except Dahej). The applicant shall mention NSDLPAN on the deposit slip. List of HDFC Bank Branches.
|Credit card / Debit card / Net banking payment|
|Persons authorized to make Credit card / Debit card / Net banking payment are as below:|
|Applicants making online payment using credit card / debit card will be charged an additional charge of upto 2% (plus applicable taxes) of application fee by the bank providing gateway facility. Additionally, the conversion/exchange rates may also be levied by the card issuing bank, as per prevailing rates.|
|Applicants making payment through Net Banking facility will be charged an additional surcharge of 4.00 + service tax for payment gateway facility.|
On successful credit card / debit card / net banking payment acknowledgement will be displayed. Applicant shall save and print the acknowledgement and send to NSDL as mentioned in point (p) & (q) below.
(p) The acknowledgement duly signed, affixed with photograph (in case of ‘Individuals’) alongwith Demand Draft, if any, and proof of identity (name in the application should be same as in the proof of identity), proof of address (Individuals, HUFs, Body of Individuals, Association of Persons & Artificial Juridical Person should provide proof of address of residence stated in the application) and proof of date of birth (applicable for Individuals & Karta of HUF) as specified in the application form is to be sent to NSDL at ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016’.
(q) Super scribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN – Acknowledgement Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN – 881010100000097’).
(r) Your acknowledgement, Demand Draft, if any, and proofs, should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
(s) Applications received with demand draft or cheque as mode of payment shall be processed only on receipt of relevant proofs and realization of payment.
(t) For more information
– Call PAN/TDS Call Centre at 020 – 27218080; Fax: 020 – 27218081
– e-mail at: [email protected] mailto:[email protected]
– SMS NSDLPAN <space> Acknowledgement No. & send to 57575 to obtain application status.
– Write to: INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), 5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016
You may check instructions to fill-up the form and list of documents need to be attached at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/Instructions49A.html
You may download new PAN card application Form 49A from here.https://www.investmentkit.com/articles/2014/10/apply-pan-card-online/https://www.investmentkit.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/lost-pan-card.gifhttps://www.investmentkit.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/lost-pan-card-150x127.gifHow toTaxesapply pan card,new pan card,PAN card,pan card onlinePAN (Permanent Account Number) card is one of the most important financial card in India. You need PAN card in all sorts of financial transactions like bank, mutual funds, life insurance, PPF, post office saving schemes etc. Failure to submit PAN card may attract 20% TDS deduction on maturity...Admin[email protected]AdministratorInvestmentKit Articles
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!