How to send Online Money Order in India?
In the era of NEFT / RTGS, there are still many people who are using money order to remit money. They go to post office, stand in long queues, search for the required form and pen, again stand in queues to send money order to friend or relative. It’s a tedious process. But now, ICICI bank has started a service where you can book your money order online and the money will be remitted to beneficiary. There is NO need to hold ICICI bank account for receiver.
Let us see the steps how to send online money order through ICICI bank (with screen shots).
Visit the official website of ICICI bank at http://www.icicibank.com/ and enter your User Id and Password for internet banking.
Now, from the top menu, select “Payments & Trabsfer” and click on FUND TRANSFER.
Now, click on “Smart Money Order” from the left menu as shown in below image.
In the next screen, select your ICICI bank account and the amount you want to transfer.
Now, enter sender details and receiver details like name, complete address – city, state, pin code etc.
The next step is self explanatory as it just debits your account.
Some points to remember:
- India Post will charge 5% commission on the amount of Money Order. In addition, ICICI Bank will charge Rs 25 plus applicable tax towards transaction processing fees.
- Please note that the actual time taken to send the money order to the receiver depends on the time taken by India Post to process the transaction. Normally it would take upto 15 days from the date of debit to customer bank account.
- ICICI Bank is not responsible for any other charges/commision levied/charged by India Post.
- ICICI Bank does not take any responsibilty and shall also not be liable for claims on account of incorrect/incomplete sender’s/receiver’s address.
- No change in the amount or details of the sender/receiver shall be permitted after the submission of the request for Money Order.
- ICICI Bank has the most comprehensive security standards in place to protect your interests. At the same time,we expect you to follow safe practices while using the Internet Banking channel. You are fully responsible for protecting your Internet Banking userID and passwords. ICICI Bank will not be liable for any loss that you may incur owing to unauthorized access into your account.
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of money by Receiver/Refund will be sent to you by India Post at the above address.
- For Non-Resident Indian (NRI) customer, sender’s address has to be a local address in India.
- On a Single transaction, you can max request a Money Order for Rs 5,000/- with minimum of Rs 100/- and in the multiples thereof.
- India Post will send your money to any destination in India. However, in case customer is not available at the address provided by the sender, the postman will put up a notice at the receiver’s address about arrival of the money order at the Post Office affiliated to receiver’s address and receiver can collect the amount within 7 working days. In case receiver fails to collect the money order within the stipulated time, India Post will refund the amount to the sender’s address as mentioned by the sender at the time of making the Smart Money Order request. Charges incurred by the sender will however, not be refunded.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!