Do you know you can book your tickets with reservation for Indian railways online also. The official website of IRCTC allows that. Just follow the steps given below and you can do it within few minutes.
Firstly, visit he website https://www.irctc.co.in/
Login by entering your user name and password.
The “Plan my travel” page appears.
If the From/To station selected by you are correct in the route of the train then :
- Select Ticket type option.
- Select the type of Quota.
- You may be redirected to the following page.
- Click on class to get availability and fare in desired train.
- Availability page appears.
- User will be redirected to Passenger reservation page by pressing Book Now button.
- Ticket reservation page appears; check whether the train name and the station names displayed on the top of the page are same as desired by you.
- Enter the names of the Passengers, age, sex and berth preference for each Passenger. The maximum length of names should be restricted to 15 characters. If the Passenger is a senior citizen (60 years and above for male and 58 years and above for female) and wants to avail Senior Citizens’ concession (40% of Base fare for male and 50% of base fare for female), click the box provided. Senior citizens are requested to carry some proof of age in original during their journey. A sample form is reproduced below. (The allotment of your required berth depends on the availability).
- The ticket details, availability of tickets at the particular time and the fare, including the service charge, appear on the screen, along with the payment option Follow the instructions.
- Click on the button “Make Payment” and a pop-up window will give the list of payment options. Please choose one of the mode of payment. Please click on the payment option below for help regarding the payment procedure through each of these options.
- After successful payment and booking of accommodations, the User is shown the ticket confirmation details along with a “Print Reservation Slip” Button. On clicking the button ERS is shown with an option to print.