How can you block your IPIN (password) or un-register?
We will need a written instruction from you to block your IPIN. Alternatively, you can contact our PhoneBanking Services.
When will my NetBanking IPIN (password) not work?
Your IPIN (password) may not work if:
- You have not entered the same lower or upper case as mentioned in the IPIN envelope sent to you. Remember the IPIN password is case sensitive.
- You have not accessed your account for more than 999 days (in this case you need to attempt logging in again after 24 hrs).
What are the locations that we can make a demand draft for?
We can issue demand drafts at all the locations where we have a branch or have an arrangement with our correspondent bank for the same.
Please click here to view the locations where Demand Drafts are delivered
Will I be charged to book a Demand Draft online?
Yes, the charges to book a Demand Draft online are:
- Rs. 30 for any Demand Draft booked online and sent to your address/ Third Party address (and correspondent Bank charges, if applicable)
Will I be charged for this service?
No, NetBanking is free. However, you will have to maintain a minimum balance/deposit amount in your accounts.
When will the transactions conducted through NetBanking be processed?
All instructions for instantaneous transactions will come into effect immediately unless some processing work or maintenance activity is going on. If the services are not available during end of the day processing, then the transaction will be credited on the next day.
Any requests for non-instantaneous transactions like demand draft request, Fixed Deposit opening etc. we get carried out after 10 pm will be carried out during the next working day on a ‘first in, first out’ basis if there are clear funds in the account to be debited.
Your requests for online financial transactions like Funds Transfers, Third Party Funds Transfers, Credit Card payments and other such payments received after 10 PM will be carried out at the next working day on a ‘first in, first out’ basis if there are clear funds in the account to be debited.
In case we get instructions for any transactions during our weekly-offs/holidays/public holidays, we will put them into effect immediately on the next working day as per the terms and conditions on that day.
When will my transactions affect my account?
They will affect your account immediately, except in the case of Demand Draft requests, which will be processed during banking hours or on the next working day, whatever the case may be.
What should I do if I cannot read some digits of the password?
The IPIN (password) is a number randomly generated by the system, and the only person who has access to it is you. If you cannot read it completely, you should apply for regeneration of the password.
What does mean to say that the transactions are ‘real-time online’?
We have designed the NetBanking service so that it takes your requests and acts on them immediately. All transactions that will affect your balance (except Demand Draft requests) are done automatically by the system. For example fund transfers, stop payment instructions, fixed deposit requests, etc. All the balances that are shown to you are up-to-date and cover transactions done by you over any of our channels.
What are the charges and limits for RTGS?
From 15th November, 2010 RTGS transactions are charged according to the conditions below:
- Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 5 Lakhs – Rs. 25 (inclusive of taxes) per transaction
- Above Rs. 5 Lakhs – Rs. 50 (inclusive of taxes) per transaction
Charges for RTGS transactions done through Net Banking are not applicable for Current Accounts: Apex / Max / Plus / Merchant Advantage Plus / Flexi / Trade / Merchant Advantage / Premium / Regular.
The maximum amount of funds that can be transferred per customer ID every day is Rs. 10 Lakhs. The minimum amount is Rs. 2 Lakhs.
What are the charges and limits for NEFT?
Effective 1st August, 2012, NEFT transactions on NetBanking would be charged as below:
- Amounts up to Rs. 10,000 – Rs.2.5 (exclusive of taxes) per transaction
- Amounts from Rs.10,001 to Rs.1 lakh – Rs. 5 (exclusive of taxes) per transaction
- Amounts above Rs. 1 lakh up to Rs. 2 lakh – Rs. 15 (exclusive of taxes) per transaction
- Amounts above Rs.2 lakh – Rs.25 (exclusive of taxes) per transaction
Charges for NEFT transactions done through Net Banking are not applicable for Current Accounts: Apex / Max / Plus / Merchant Advantage Plus / Flexi / Trade / Merchant Advantage / Premium / Regular.
The maximum amount of funds that can be transferred per customer ID every day is Rs. 10 Lakhs.
What are the charges and limits for Funds Transfers within the Bank?
Funds Transfers within the Bank are completely free and the maximum limit per customer ID every day is Rs. 10 Lakhs.
What if I suspect that the security of any account of mine has been compromised?
If you suspect that the security of your account has been compromised,contact us immediately.
How will I know that my transaction has been completed?
The NetBanking system will let you know. Depending upon the transaction you have requested, NetBanking will:
- Displaythe information you have requested
- Acceptyour instruction and show an appropriate message to that effect or giveyou a transaction reference number which you may use to refer to yourtransaction in all future communication
- Display an appropriate message on why it cannot complete your transaction or ask you to try again
How safe are my requests/transactions on NetBanking?
Along with the usual precautions like customer ID and IPIN, we use a technology called Secured Socket Layer (SSL) which scrambles information between you and the Bank. When an unknown user tries to access your account by trying various passwords, your account will automatically get locked. Every time you log into NetBanking your last login date and time will be shown so you can make sure nobody else has accessed your account. We also have in place a dedicated team to watch access to our web server and prevent unauthorised access. Even bank employees don’t know your password but to be completely safe remember to log out of NetBanking after you’re done using it.
Are there any special benefits of using NetBanking?
The special benefits of NetBanking are:
- Free Stop Cheque request
- Statement Request
- BillPay facility
- Preferred rates for demand drafts
Am I eligible for NetBanking?
If you have an HDFC Bank Savings or Current account, then you are eligible for NetBanking and you can access your account through NetBanking.
How do I change my password?
To change your IPIN (password), first log in to NetBanking with your Customer ID and current password. After you have logged in you can change your password using the ‘Change Password’ option. Your password should be a minimum of 6 characters and a maximum 15 characters and should be alphanumeric (have letters, numbers or both).
How can I log in if I have forgotten my password?
In case you have forgotten your password you can re-generate it using our Instant IPIN facility online.
What do I do when I get the message “Access denied”?
The possible reasons for this are:
- You have not used the NetBanking facility for more than 999 days (in this case you need to attempt logging in again after 24 hrs).
- You have entered the wrong IPIN (password) five times (in this case you need to attempt logging in again after 24 hrs).
- If you have forgotten your IPIN, then we regenerate the IPIN based on an authenticated request from you
What are the measures I can take to make NetBanking safer?
You should log out from NetBanking when leaving your PC
- Choose a “strong” 6 to 8 digit password (alphanumeric) and change it regularly. Avoid obvious passwords (names of family members, pets, favourite musician, etc.) and don’t tell anyone else your password
- You should not write your password down on any paper which may be seen easily by anyone
- Put in a power-on password in your machine so that nobody else can switch on your machine
- Have a screensaver password so that when you are away from your workstation nobody else can use it
- If you think someone knows your password, go online and change it immediately
- If you are using the Internet in a public place (e.g. a Cyber Cafe) do not leave the PC alone and be careful that no one is watching what you type
- Log off from NetBanking when your session is finished. Use the ‘Log Out’ button to log out so that the session closes and don’t just close the window to log off
- You should consider running a Personal Firewall, which will prevent unknown people from accessing your computer and guard against the introduction of harmful programmes into your PC
If I have two accounts and two Customer IDs, how do I know which password is for which Customer ID?
For security reasons, we do not print your Customer ID or account number on the password mailer sent to you. You should try the combinations of the Customer IDs and passwords that you have. The other option is to link both your accounts to one Customer ID and apply for a fresh password.
What can I do using NetBanking?
You can perform a range of financial and non-financial transactions through NetBanking. Some of the transactions are:
- View your Account balance
- View your Account statement
- Enquire about cheque status
- Request for a statement
- Request for a cheque book
- View your Fixed Deposit details
- Download your Fixed Deposit Advise online.
- View your TDS details
- View your Demat Account
- Update your profile
- View HDFC Bank Credit Card details
- View your Mutual Funds portfolio
- Update your PAN details Online
- Update/ Hotlist your Debit Card Online
- View Form 26 AS
- View your Loan Account details
- Stop a cheque payment
- Pay your Utility bills
- Request for a demand draft
- Transfer funds between your accounts
- Transfer funds to a third party
- Book a new Fixed Deposit
- Shop Online
- Pay HDFC Bank Credit Card dues
- Buy and sell Mutual Funds
- Invest in IPO online
- Book Recurring Deposit Online
- Book ticket through IRCTC
- Pay your Tax Online
- Recharge your Prepaid Mobile Connection Online
To view the complete list click here
Will I be charged for IPIN regeneration?
Online IPIN (Password) regeneration is free of cost. IPIN (NetBanking Password) regeneration request received at branches would be charged at Rs.50 per instance (effective 1st January 2012), Click here to know more.
What kind of hardware and software is recommended to use NetBanking more efficiently?
The minimum requirements to use NetBanking are:
- Hardware: You need to have a Pentium PC with 32 MB RAM, 2.1 GB Hard Disk Space with 500MB free space.
- Software: You need to have a browser: Internet Explorer Version 8 or higher, Google Chrome Version 24 and higher, Firefox Version 17 or higher.
Where can I open a new Fixed Deposit?
You can open a Fixed Deposit in any nearest HDFC Bank branches in the country.You can also open Fixed Deposits through NetBanking provided:You have registered for the facility with necessary online financial transaction rights
Your PAN number is updated under your Customer Identification Number in Bank’s recordsFollowing are the steps for booking your Fixed Deposit online:
- Access your NetBanking account with your Customer ID and IPIN (NetBanking Password)
- Select “Open New Fixed Deposit” option under the Fixed Deposit menu from the Menu bar located on the left hand side of the web page
- Select the desired values from the Drop-down lists
- Once complete, click on “Continue” and “Confirm” the details entered
- A new web page, confirming the Fixed Deposit booking will be displayed. Physical advices will not be sent for Fixed Deposits booked through Net Banking. An electronic mail advice will be sent to you on your registered e-mail Id within 2 working days. The password for your Fixed Deposit Advice will be your Customer ID.
At any point, if you wish to check your FD holdings, the same may be viewed on the Fixed Deposit summary page on Net banking. In case you wish to have a physical advice, you can download the same from the FD summary page on net banking.
What is the process for IPIN (password) regeneration?
In case you have forgotten your password you can re-generate it online using the Instant IPIN facility.
Below are the steps to reset your IPIN:
- Click on the link ‘Forgot your IPIN’ & Re-generate IPIN using One Time Password (OTP).
- Enter your Customer ID & confirm your mobile number
- Input the OTP which you have received on your mobile
- You will be shown a list of HDFC Bank Debit Cards that are linked to your Customer ID
- Select any one of the linked Cards
- Enter your ATM Card PIN and Expiry Date
- Reset your NetBanking password (IPIN) and confirm
- Re-login into NetBanking using your newly generated IPI
NetBanking Registration / Re-Generation Request through HDFC Bank ATMs:
- Visit your nearest HDFC Bank ATM
- After entering your HDFC Bank Debit Card and ATM PIN, select “Other Option” from the Main screen
- Select the option “NetBanking Registration” which is available on the left hand side
- After selecting the option please confirm the request
- Your IPIN will be couriered to your mailing address that is recorded with the Bank
You can call PhoneBanking if you have a Telephone Identification Number (TIN)
Download the e-Age Banking form (below), complete it and submit it at the nearest HDFC Bank branch.
- NetBanking form for Individuals
- NetBanking form for Corporates