State Bank Foreign Travel Card is a prepaid Foreign Currency card that makes your foreign trip trouble-free and convenient. It is a Chip based Card which stores encrypted and confidential information. It offers you a convenient and secure way to carry cash anywhere in the world (valid worldwide except in India, Nepal and Bhutan).
State Bank Foreign Travel Card is available in eight Foreign Currencies viz. US Dollars (USD), Pound Sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Australian Dollar (AUD), Japanese Yen (YEN), Saudi Riyal (SAR) and Singapore Dollar (SGD). We will shortly be adding UAE Dirham (AED), Thai Baht (THB) Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) and Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
- Issued in association with VISA International.
- Accepted at 1.80 Million VISA ATMs and at over 28 Million Merchant Establishments (MEs) approximately, all over the world except in India, Nepal and Bhutan.
- Available at over 1,100+ Branches.
- Available for retail (students, tourists, pilgrims, medical needs, etc) and corporate customers (Companies, Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, etc.)
- Any bonafide citizen of India who plans to travel abroad except Nepal and Bhutan.
- Corporates for their employees whom they plan to send abroad for official purpose subject to completion of KYC norms.
- Parents/sponsors of the students going abroad for higher studies, in the student’s name and can be subsequently reloaded up to the statutory ceiling, prescribed from time to time.
- Foreign Nationals residing in India, subject to completion of KYC norms.
- Minimum amount of load/Re-load: USD 200/GBP 120/Euros 150/CAD 200/AUD 200/ YEN 15,800/SAR 750/SGD 250.
- Maximum amount of issue: As prescribed by RBI/FEMA 1999 depending on the purpose of overseas visit. Presently, equivalent to USD 100,000 per annum for Education/ Employment/Medical; USD 25,000 per Business Trip and USD 10,000 per annum for tourism/pilgrimage.
- Competitive exchange rates.
- Reloadable any number of times, within the RBI/FEMA regulations cited above.
- Operatable by 4 digit PIN at ATMs and by PIN/Signature at Merchant Establishments.
- Free balance enquiry at State Bank Group ATMs and VISA ATMs (at a charge).
- Free balance enquiry and view/download details of transactions through https://prepaid.onlinesbi.com by using eight characters (combination of alphabets, numerals and special characters).
- Add-on cards, not exceeding two in number, can be given for use of the card holder in case of loss/misplacement/defacement of the card.
- Balance information after each transaction through SMS (service presently available only on Indian SIM Cards).
- A 24 x 7 call centre to provide information and hot-listing (block) the card in case of loss / misplacement.
- Now it can be used for online e-commerce payments, while overseas e.g. payment of college fee, booking of air-tickets, online purchase of books etc.
- Copy of first and last pages of Passport.
- Application for SBFTC & Form A2
- PAN or Form 60 in lieu thereof, if the amount tendered is Rs. 50,000/- or more.
- Proof of residence in case the address is different from that appearing on passport.
- Travel document.