Star Insurance Wedding Gift policy
The comforts and luxuries of today’s life come at a price – the price of uncertainties. Of the uncertainties, health of oneself and one’s family is of prime concern. Add to this, the fact that medical expenses are getting dearer. One ailment is all it takes to wipe out years of savings – that was meant to realize your dreams. Can there be a better gift for wedding than Star Wedding Gift policy?
- Hospitalization Cover : In-patient hospitalization expenses for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Room, Boarding, Nursing Expenses up to Rs. 4,000/- per day.
- Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees.
- Cost of medicines and drugs.
- Emergency ambulance charges for transporting the insured patient to the hospital upto a sum of Rs.1,000/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs. 1,500/- per policy period.
- Expenses for delivery of child (Caesarean/Normal Delivery – for one delivery only) upto the limits
- Pre nad Post natal expenses included
- Newborn baby cover (including Congenital disorders/defects)
- Post delivery Complication cover for mother after delivery
- Cost of test incurred for detecting any disorders in the Foetus upto Rs. 1,000/- (after a waiting period of 27 months). The waiting period of 27 months is reduced to 15 months when the policy is taken for a period of 4 years.
Pre-Hospitalization & Post-Hospitalization
- Pre-hospitalization medical expenses upto 30 days prior to the date of admission.
- Post-hospitalizationn – a lumpsum calculated at 7% of the hospitalization expenses (excluding room charges) subject to a maximum of Rs.5,000/- is payable.
- Not applicable for child delivery claims.
Non Allopathic Treatments
- Upto 25% of sum insured per occurrence, subject to a maximum of Rs. 25,000/- per policy period.
Pre- Medical screening
There is no pre acceptance medical screening.
Pre existing diseases are covered after 48 months of continuous insurance with the company.
- Any couple aged between 18 years and 40 years residing in India can take this insurance.
- Renewable upto 45 years.
Policy is offered for the following periods
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 4 years
Note : The coverage limits mentioned in (b) to (f) above, is part of the overall Sum Insured mentioned under (a) above.
Policy Premium (Service Tax Extra)
Policy period for One Year cover (Service Tax Extra) :
- Payment of premium by any mode other than cash for insurance under this policy is eligible for relief under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
Free Look In Period
- Free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of policy is available (under 4 year period policy only).
- During the free look period if the insured persons is not satisfied, he/she has option to cancel the policy. On doing so the premium paid will be refunded after deduction of 5% subject to there being no claim.
- No Third Party Administrator; direct in-house claims settlement
- Faster & hassle – free claim settlement
- Cashless hospitalization
- Network of more than 5400 hospitals across India
- 24×7 Toll – free Helpline
- Free General Physician Consultation over phone. Doctors on duty 24×7. By quoting the policy number, any person can contact our Doctor on the toll free number 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477 for medical advices.
- Free Health magazines are issued to policy holders at regular intervals
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the accident and life insurance policy. For complete details, please contact your nearest Star Health office.
You may view/download its official brochure from here.
You may calculate the premium of this plan from here.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!