Over one-fifth of those suffering from Diabetes the world over are in India and the number is swelling year by year. If left unattended it can severely affect vital organs like eyes and the kidneys, and therefore it needs urgent attention. Treatment for such complications can often burn a hole in your pocket.Protection against such an eventuality is offered by Star Health’s diabetes care plan for those affected by Diabetes Mellitus Type II.
Coverage Offered for Specific Conditions
- Eyes: Diabetic Retinopathy requiring laser treatment.
- Kidneys: Diabetic Nephropathy leading to chronic renal failure
- Feet: Diabetic foot ulcer requiring micro-vascular surgical correction
Who can take this Insurance?
- Any person between 26 years and 65 years of age who is diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus Type II can take this insurance
- This limit of 65 years is applicable only for initial entry in to the scheme. Renewals will be accepted up to 70 years
Please note that persons who have already developed complications of Diabetic Retinopathy and/or Diabetic Nephropathy leading to Chronic Renal failure and/or Diabetic foot ulcer are not eligible to take the policy.
Benefits for Type II Diabetics
The plan is a trailblazer among health insurance policies in India and Diabetes Care policies in general.
- Hospitalization Cover
- Boarding and room charges at 2% of the sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs.2500 per day in Class A cities and Rs.1250 per day in other locations
- Nursing expenses
- Surgeon’s fees, Consultant’s fees and/or Anesthetist fees
- Cost of blood, oxygen, diagnostic expenses
- Cost of medicines and drugs
- Hospitalization expenses on donor of kidney for renal transplant surgery are payable subject to availability of sum insured
- Post-renal transplant complications on the insured person covered
- Second transplant following failure of the first transplant covered
Pre-Acceptance Medical Screening
- All applicants will have to undergo a pre-acceptance medical screening at company nominated center
Sum Insured Options
- The insurance is available for sums of Rs.50,000, Rs.1,00,000, Rs.2,00,000, Rs.3,00,000, Rs.4,00,000 and Rs.5,00,000
Premium in Indian Rupees (Service Tax extra)
- Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- No Third Party Administrator; direct in-house claims settlement
- Faster & hassle-free claim settlement
- Cashless hospitalization
- Network of more than 5400 hospitals across India
- 24 x7 Toll- free Helpline
- Free General Physician Consultation over phone. Doctors on duty 24×7. By quoting the policy number, any person can contact our Doctor on the toll free number 1800 425 2255 for medical advices.
- Free Health magazines are issued to policy holders at regular intervals
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For complete details, please contact your nearest Star Health office.
You may view/download its brochure from here.
You may calculate the premium of this plan from here.