State Bank of India (SBI), just like many private banks, has started giving option to open savings account online. One needs to fill-up online form and submit the printed form and required documents to the branch. That’s it.
Here are the steps involved in opening online savings account in State Bank of India (SBI).
- Fill up and submit the required details online.
- Print the Account Opening Form (AOF) on A4 size white papers.
- Attach the required documents, such as photographs and proof of identity and address, as mentioned in the AOF.
- A TCRN (Temporary Customer Reference Number) will be generated, which please note down. TCRN will also be sent on the registered mobile number of the applicant(s).
Convenience: The AOF can be filled at your convenience and fields that can be validated are checked for errors.
Quick: Time taken for opening of the account at the branch will get reduced as the data will already be available in the system.
Information that you will need to provide
For opening an account, you need to provide the following information:
- KYC (Know Your Customer) information: The acceptable KYC documents are available through drop down menu in the AOF.
- Information about the Savings Bank account you wish to open and the facilities you would want in the account.
- Form 60, if you do not have Permanent Account Number (PAN) of Income Tax.
- Form DA-1 (optional), if you wish to make a nomination (recommended).
Documents that you will need to provide
For each person who wishes to open the account, you will need to provide:
- 2 Recent passport-size colored photographs.
- KYC documents as mentioned in the AOF.
- If you give photocopies, please produce the original documents for verification when you visit our branch.
Step-by-Step Account opening process
- Step 1: Fill the Customer Information Section
- This section will have to be filled for each person wishing to open the account.
- You must fill Part A first. Once you fill Part A and save the form, a Temporary Customer Reference Number (TCRN) will be generated which may please be noted. You will need it later to edit the form, if you desire, and to link the customer in the Account Opening Form.
- Subsequent parts in this step can be filled only after you have successfully filled Part A.
Q1: Who can submit information online for opening a Savings Bank account?
Ans :Any resident Indian desirous of opening a Savings Bank Account with any branch of State Bank of India.
Q2: Can I open an account jointly?
Ans :Yes. You may open an account jointly, with up to three applicants.
Link to open online savings account in SBI
You need to visit https://oaa.onlinesbi.com/oao/onlineaccapp.htm
You’ll get the screen like this.
On the bottom of the screen, you’ll see link as START NOW. Click on that link. Choose the first option from the list and start filling up form. The rest of the process is self-explanatory.
In case of any problem, you may call call SBI’s 24×7 helpline through Tollfree 1800 11 2211 (BSNL, MTNL), 1800 425 3800 or Toll no. 080-26599990.
It is accessible through all landlines and mobile phones in the country.