Interest rate of 8.6% per annum w.e.f. 01.12.2011.
- Minimum deposit is 500/- per annum. Maximum deposit is Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum
- The scheme is for 15 years.
- Investment up to Rs 1,00,000/- per annum qualifies for Income Tax Rebate under section 80C of IT Act.
- Interest is completely tax-free.
- Deposits can be made in lumpsum or in 12 installments.
- One deposit with a minimum amount of Rs 500/- is mandatory in each financial year.
- Withdrawal is permissible from 6th financial year.
- Loan facility available from 3rd financial year upto 5th financial year. The rate of interest charged on loan taken by the subscriber of a PPF account on or after 01.12.2011 shall be 2% p.a. However, the rate of interest of 1% p.a. shall continue to be charged on the loans already taken or taken up to 30.11.2011.
- Free from court attachment.
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) not eligible.
- An individual cannot invest on behalf of HUF (Hindu Undivided Family) or Association of persons.
- Ideal investment option for both salaried as well as self employed classes.
Under Section 80C of the Income tax Act, an individual is eligible to claim deduction from total income in respect of contributions to any PPF (belonging to self, husband, wife, any child) subject to an overall limit of Rs 1,00,000 for a Financial Year (FY).
Tax on PPF withdrawals
If the same PF account exists for 4 year and above, and later if you withdraw the same, then the PF amount is not taxable. If you are withdrawing the PF amount before 4 years, then its taxable based on your annual taxable income.
We are providing different PPF calculators as per your requirement.