What can be Tracked
- Speed post (Domestic EMS)
- International EMS
- Electronic Money Order (eMO)
- Registered Mail
- Express Parcel
- Electronic Value Payable Parcel (eVPP)
How it works
The tracking system is updated periodically to provide you with the most current information available about the location and status of your item. You'll be able to find out the following:
- When your item was booked
- When your item was dispatched and received at various locations during its Journey
- When your item was delivered, or:
- When a Delivery Intimation Notice was issued to notify the recipient that the item is available for delivery
How Can I Track?
Visit the official website of Indian Post at http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Tracking.aspx
1. Enter the Postal Article Number In the Tracking Number(s) box,
2. Select the Go button to view your results.
|Category||Format||No. of digits|
|Speed Post (EMS) Domestic||EE123456789IN||13|
|International EMS Artilces to be delivered in India||EE123456789XX||13|
|Electronic Money Order (eMO)||000000000000000000||18|
|Express Parcel Post||XX000000000XX||13|
What if my tracking information is unavailable?
- If you receive a message telling you that your tracking information is unavailable, it doesn't mean that your item hasn't been mailed.
- There may be a delay between scanning events and the availability of tracking information related to those scanning events.
Depending on how recently your item was mailed, tracking information may not be immediately available (this is most likely to occur in rural locations, or when information is provided by foreign postal administrations).
We are happy to launch SMS tracking facility as an initiative to provide better service to our customers. Initially, the service is available for Speed Post and eMO (electronic money order).
|The steps involved:|
|1) You need to send SMS to 55352 in the following format:|
|For Speed Post:|
|SP<space>Speed Post number |
EMS<space>Speed Post number
|MO<space>eMO PNR No |
EMO<space>eMO PNR No
2) 'IN' at the end of Speed Post number need not be given. Eg. if the Speed Post number is EE123456789in; you need to send the message as: SP EE123456789
|3) The data will be retained upto 3 months from the date of booking for the purpose of SMS tracking.|
|4) The service is available across all service providers in the country. Rates charged by the service provider are applicable. |