Where can I get another copy of my filed income tax returns?

I had paid my taxes of 2011 through a tax consultant and he’s abroad now. I misplaced my income tax returns acknowledgement sheet, and I need it now. Where can I get a copy of it from?
I don’t know how or where he had filed my returns, and am unable to contact him.

4 Replies to “Where can I get another copy of my filed income tax returns?”

  1. Hi John,

    very recently i come across form 26AS that is View Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS)

    This helps you to know how much tax you paid so far….

    Form 26AS is a consolidated tax statement issued under Rule 31 AB of Income Tax Rules to PAN holders. This statement with respect to a financial year will include details of:
    a) tax deducted at source (TDS);
    b) tax collected at source (TCS); and
    c) advance tax/self assessment tax/regular assessment tax etc. deposited in the bank by the taxpayers (PAN holders).

    You can register here

    or this information is available online if you have net banking access to your bank account.
    Hope this helps.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × 3 =