Tax rat on property transfer?

I would like to give my house property to my younger brother. What are the ways to keep transaction costs e.g. Taxes etc to minimum? Is gifting is better than selling? I reside in India.

Leave a Reply to HMT Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eleven − 9 =

  1. You have 3 options:
    Release, Gift or Sale deed.
    The stamp duty and tax implications of each is different.
    The best option is a release deed.
    Use the search engine to find details. You will require the services of a lawyer.