not filed income taxes in India for past 6 years, how to amend it?

I am an Indian citizen, but was studying till I was 21 years old and did not have any income and did not file income tax returns. After 21, I went abroad for study and work and came back when I was 27. So, I did not file any income taxes in India till now. I filed for income tax for this year on my income earned in India. Did I break any Indian tax laws by not filing income taxes for the past years? If so, how can I fix it?
Can someone please advise?