Housing Loan Interest exemption in the name of spouse (house wife) and instalment paid by husband?

Property in the name of housewife. Can the Husband get deductions for housing loan interest?

I have taken housing loan from a bank, myself being an applicant and my wife is a co-applicant. She is housewife. She has no income. While, at the time of Registration of my flat, it was registered in the name of my wife. The repayment of housing loan instament is being paid by me from my own income. Can I claim housing loan intrests benefits, as per income tax benefit?

What home loan tenure should i opt for?


i have taken home loan of 17,37,000/- Rs. from HDFC bank, with initial tenure of 20 years. (i have paid only 1 emi till now, so it's fresh loan). Now i was just wondering whether tenure of 10 years or 20 years will be benifetial?

i did some calculations in following way for the period of 20 years:

if i go for tenure of 10 years:
emi = 24,921/-
so i pay emi for first 10 years,
and then i start investing full 24,921/- (in MF, eqquities, etc).
so my returns after 20 years (from now) will be 49,80,000/- (compounding with investment of 24,921/- pm for 10 years with return 10% pa avg.)

if i go for tenure of 20 years:
emi = 19,126/-
so i will have 5874/- (i.e. 24921-19126) cash available in my hand pm.m for investment for 20 years
so my returns after 20 years (from now) will be 42,19,000/- (compounding with investment of 5874/- pm for 20 years with return 10% pa avg.)

so, in above way, i see that tenure of 10 years will be benificial for me. But still i am not considering income tax benefit, and also am i doing compounding calculations in correct manner?

can anyone help me to analyze my calculations and point me to the correct decision?

How can I get Income Tax benefit from HRA?

Presently I am outside India for the last 10 months.My parents live in Kolkata.I work in a chennai based MNC, but I have no accomodation there.In such case,is it possible to get house rent slips from my Father and submit them as HRA in order to obtain the tax benefit.How is it possible or is it possible at all?

Thanks in advance