HI i have own a flat purchased by me in 1989 through bank finance when I was an employee of the bank?

The flat is located in Hyderabad, AP. Those days the buying is done by registering the undivided share of land and entering an agreement to construct a flat(agreement is not registered). When I approach banks for securitisation, I was told that the title deeds can not be accepted as security as the agreement is not registered(present laws stipulates). Can any one help me as to how to solve the problem. Thanks
sincere help would highly be appreciated