What will happen if my bank account shows negative balance ? Will the RBI be informed about it ?

I had a corporate Power Vantage account with HSBC,

Since our company started banking with another bank, we had to change our salary account. On August 4, 2008, I visited the HSBC bank MG Road branch and filled in the required documents for closing my HSBC account, and I was told that my account had been closed ( I also submitted my debit card and cheque book).

However, now I have been receiving mails from HSBC saying that there is a debit in my account, and I need to fund it. Please note that I was unaware that my account was still functioning, and I was not provided any intimation about the same whatsoever. I even filed a complaint at their call center (complaint no. 2903277788), and I was told that I would have to go to the bank and fund my account of the deficit (Rs.4000 and odd) and get this done. Since this is an error from the bank’s side, I think it would only be fair on their part to close this account and spare me any further inconvenience…