Can the grandfather of a minor girl child act as a representative assessee under income tax act?

A 3 yr old girl child lost her father in accident. She is survived by her mother. There is a proposal for remarriage of her mother. She may stay with her grand parent after her mother’s remarriage. That, however, is not certain. A PAN application is to be made in her name immediately. Whether her grand father can become a representative assessee under income tax act, though her mother is alive?

child plan/insurance/mutual fund..?

hi iam 30 year male from india working in merchant navy..i want to invest for future of my child through monthly investment of Rs.5000..please suggest me right way to achive my goal of getting good amount when my child reaches age of 18…i already have LIC jeevan anand..with cover of 10 lakh..and i am also depositing 70.000 p.a in P.P.F…so where u should think i invest to get maximum returns..??