4 Replies to “my father died leaving a will in my name in which I am the beneficiary. The property is situated in Kolkatta.?”

  1. Is the will registered?
    How many beneficiary are there – is also important. They may also challenge the will. Why did your father give only to you and not to your brother is also important.
    Take the advice of a good lawyer.

  2. You will have to file for ‘Probate’ in a competent court. During probate, your brother can contest the will.

    You will require the services of a lawyer. So why not consult him in the 1st place?


  3. If the property is self acquired by your father, then you don’t need an NOC from your brother. You have to probate the Will through High Court at Kolkatta. Approach a lawyer for the same.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2 × 3 =