Indian revenue property records explanation needed?

What is the difference between 7/12 extract, 8a extract, and 6 Hak Patra?

If one’s names as owners are on 6 Hak Patra, but not on 7/12 extract what are the legal implications?

If a property owner dies leaving heirs such as wife and children, what do they need to do to enter their names on the revenue records, i.e. what is the procedure and what documents would they need to furnish to enter their names on record?

Thank you , this is very important, so only serious replies please from knowledgeable people.

One Reply to “Indian revenue property records explanation needed?”

  1. I tnink that the Revenue Accounts in the different states of India , though maintained by almost under teh same system ,have differnt name.
    The 7/ 12 Account extract and 8a extract seem to refer to the cultivation Accounts that are prepared annually by the Village Accountant .They also indicate the classification of the lands in the order of the survey Numbers , ownership,extent . the nature of the crop , the rate of tax etc .
    When the owner of some land dies , the names of his successors are automatically entered by the Village Accountant in these accounts in certain states .
    The 6 Hak Patra seems to refer to what is called Patta , an extract of the register that indicates the name of the holder of the land for pupose of levy.This is considered to be a n evidence of posseesion and ownership .In the case of this register also the Villag Accountant enters the names of the successors of the dead land hilder automatically.
    This was the procedure adopted in the days when the Offices of the Village Munsiff and Village Accountant were
    held by local, native and herditary Village officers .They as natives of the villages were well aware of the families and the members of the families holding lands in the village
    as they were also theVillage registrarars of births and deaths.
    Now I think that in most of the states the hereditary offices haveing been abolished and persons recruited from other areas are aoppointed in most of the states , the Village Administrative Officers do not generally know much about the local population and the village admisnistration is not as reliable and efficent as it was when hereditary officers held them. during the British Rule.
    Now I think that the person who succeeds to the landed property of some body will have to apply tothe Tahsildar or the Taluk officer or the Revenue official having control over th earea with proofs Viz Succession certificates which in turn, are issued by the same Revenus officials , or ,Court orders obtained from the District Munsiff. the Revenue Department will take its own time which might run for years in most cases unless the palms of the Clerks ,Revenue Inspectors etc are greesed .
    The Revenue Department is the worst corrupt in India .Your representation to the highest Official in this Department . Say the Revenue Divisional officer or DeputyCollector or even the Distric Rvenue Officer or the Distric Collector will not be of any use .Only Bribe works in this Department .
    the speciality of India ,is that the the officals of the government demand bribe to do things that are legally due and right whereas in oher countries one willhave to bribe somebody to do something wrong and illegal.!
    The best thing for you to obtain a succession order from the Distric Munsiff and apply for the transfer of registry and issue of a Title deed in the nameof the suceessors so that yopu may not have to wait for long and may not have to pay any heavy bribe.
    Please see if teh NEw Act , “The Right To information Act” is of any help.
    Write to the District Revenue Offical / or Collector for information regarding the transfer of registry of the land in the name of the successors of the dead land holder
    Try your luck.

Leave a Reply to Infinity Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eight + 16 =