3 Replies to “I purchased a car in Tamil Nadu all tax paid and brought to karnataka, whether now i have to pay any tax here?”

  1. Hi,
    You can drive the vehicle in Karnataka with the same number and need not pay any Road tax.. if you are going to be for a temprory period of three months but you have to pay some entry tax or so which will be nominal but if your stay is going to be more than three months and extending beyond one year then you have to apply for re registeration in karnataka by paying life tax and number change to KA then claim your refund from Tamil nadu rto which take more time with any govt agencies.
    but if your stay is going to be temprory and frequently you will be visiting other states then you dont change your numberand pay only the entry or temprory tax for the period u r going to be there.
    The complete details can be obtained in website.www.indiacar.com where in an experienced DGP Dr Pasricha clarified various different questions and given answers . you can browse through the question and answers in that and you will gt complete clarity.

  2. no, you have to pay road tax of karnataka. if you are staying there for more then a month, then you have to pay road tax. if you are not stay there less then one month, then there is no need to pay any tax. just enjoy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

19 − 4 =