I have been transferred from Gurgaon to Bangalore. How to claim my tax refund ?

My employment has been tranefrred to bangalore. I had filed saral form last year in Delhi/Gurgaon. Can I visit the Bangalore inocme tax office with the filed returns to claim tax refund ? Waht is income tax ombudsman contact address and ph no?

3 Replies to “I have been transferred from Gurgaon to Bangalore. How to claim my tax refund ?”

  1. Well Mr Sanjay,
    Your present jurisdiction is the place where you have filed yr return. When you file your next return then your PAN will be migrated to new office .
    Thus your IT refund will be processed from Gurgaon or Delhi office . This year the refund is being sent from SBI after assessment by Income tax dept.
    However you may sent a written request to the present office of Income tax to transfer your file to Banglore as your place of job has been changed . But this does not help you. You may directly sent a letter to the ITO about the status of tax refund in your return.
    You may get the Income tax ombudsman contact no from http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in
    Hope this help you .

  2. u may file your return to the ito in whose jurisdiction u were resideing in the relevant previous year and get refund. the addresses of the authorities may be had from departmental website. u can search the same on web.

  3. u will get the income tax refund from the office where u filed the return. If u can give the circle no/ward number we can give u the adress of the concerned officer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

20 − eighteen =