how do initiate action against HDFC bank which provided false information in opening NRI A/c & for worst srvce?

The Bank customer executive before opening of A/c provided so many attractive options like, separate check book/ATM card for customer and as well as mandate holder and the Cheque book can reach customer to which ever address he wants. Also made sure that initial remittance can be made through ACH from US bank. To my dismay, All remittance correctly got credited to NRI A/c but, they insisted the A/c Is in in active status, saying they are not able to verify my name, which was sent from US Checking A/c through online service provider. Even after providing banking statements, remittance particulars, their simple reply was they don’t’ have ability to check with US bankers. on cheque book to Mandate holder, after so many exchange of mails to NRI service/concerned branch, only I could get evasive/irrelevant replies for 3-4 months. After indicating that a legal action will be initiated on this, I just got negative reply from NRI service that there is no separate cheque book for Mandate holder. For the customer too, they will send the cheque book only to USA. And they don’t care about anything else. My money got locked as well I was unable to operate any planned transction in anticipation of receiving cheque book. There was no proactive suggestion or leader available to understand the issue and arrange to resolve it. It was a worst banking experience in my life time. This has resulted me in indirect loss of money due to inoperation of the A/c in addition to mental agony and waste of time in sending repeated exchange of mails. I like to initate action in USA as well in india against such bank. Any Good suggestion in initiating action is welcome.

3 Replies to “how do initiate action against HDFC bank which provided false information in opening NRI A/c & for worst srvce?”

  1. in india first u send a written compain in bank obesment
    u can get local bank obesment address thru RBI website
    also send a complain to HDFC BANK head office
    99% ur problme solve by bank obesment
    if still not solve then u have hire a laywer and suit a case against bank in consumer court

    there some tv channel also provide facilities where u write to the channel and they take ur complain to bank and get answer behalf of u,this is quit effective way too

    friend if u file a case in court then donot write to any tv channel
    in india consumer couth take 2 to 3 year(minimum)ing such case and give decision

  2. Write a complaint letter / e mail to the Customer Service Office of the Bank forwarding a copy to RBI
    mentioning that if reply is not received the matter will be referred to Ombudsman.
    ( you can find out the e mail id by going through the web site of HDFC Bank.)
    If you do not get reply within 15 days send a letter to Ombudsman of area of the Bank. You may refer the web site of RBI or any bank for the Ombudsman address.
    Generally Banks extend good service to NRIs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

three + one =