How do I … i have received notice for short payment of tax, but there computation is wrong, what do i do ?

in my return i had taken x amount of short term capital gain, which they have seemingly taken up at full rate tax, thus giving short tax notice
When i have checked i found that i have undercalculated my regular income tax by 10k and for short term capital, taken wrong amount and thus paid excess tax, net net i need to pay only 5k plus interest extra, what procedure do i use to sort this?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

11 + 18 =

  1. hi

    You need to reframe your question because some facts are missing.

    1. Assessment year.
    2. Section under which notice is received.
    3. Break-up of income as per return filed and the amount of tax paid, and refund due to you.
    4. Revised computation of your income and tax liability.

    Good luck.