3 Replies to “How do i find that my previous employer is not using my PAN Card no. for tax deduction?”

  1. Go to the Official Web Site of Income Tax Department of India in the below address


    From the left panel Choose…

    File Returns Online >> Income Tax Return

    1# If you have already registered your PAN number here

    Login First

    From the right top corner menu you can see “My Returns”
    There you can get Details of “26AS”

    Select year

    There you can see all the TDS details deducted in your PAN number. [It is possible, employer may deduct Tax from your salary but they may not deposit it in your Account. If the employer had not deposited Tax in your account that fact should be reported to your employer.]

    2# If you have not registered your PAN

    Choose Register

    After registering you have to activate your account by clicking on a link sent to your email id.

    Do First Step (1#)

    How is it possible to know Tax Deduction Details (26AS) from your Account online?
    It is a new facility available from this financial year. It is the responsibility of the employer to deduct tax while he pays salary. Just like you suspect, if your previous employer withdraws salary in your name to his account and deduct tax using your PAN he is legally bound to deposit the sum deducted in the specified account. If he has deposited the deducted sum in your account that details (TAN Number of Detector, Address of Dedicator, Date of Deposit, Amount Credited, Amount Deducted.. and so on) are available for your verification.

    The facility made available to avoid misunderstanding between the assessee and Income Tax Department.

    The fact is that, whoever deducts tax in your account whether with or without your knowledge it will be deposited in your account. And if you know User Name (PAN Number), Pass Word, Date of Birth You can verify it. Paper filing or E-Filing have nothing to do with Form 26AS. It is available to all the assessee who has registered in Income Tax Site (I’ve given the link above).

    Feel free to contact me if you have further doubts…

  2. go to nsdl centre with pan card after registering urself for 26AS view at nsdl website. you will be able to know that ur previous boss is using ur pan or not

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eleven + 10 =