2 Replies to “How can I pay my income tax directly?”

  1. It is the duty of the employer to collect / deduct income tax from your salary and remit. If you make advance payment you may show the receipt to your employer, so that they will not deduct from your salary. you have to get F 16 from your employer and submit Return to Income Tax Department.You may submit the return on line.

  2. Under section 192 of the Income Tax Act 1961, your employer has obligation to assess tax on salary income given to you during a particular years after allowing elegible deduction and deduct tax at source from salary. You can not deposit tax on his behalf. But in case employer fails to deduct tax at source you may deposit self assessment tax from your end.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

19 + nineteen =