How can I get Income Tax benefit from HRA?

Presently I am outside India for the last 10 months.My parents live in Kolkata.I work in a chennai based MNC, but I have no accomodation there.In such case,is it possible to get house rent slips from my Father and submit them as HRA in order to obtain the tax benefit.How is it possible or is it possible at all?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies to “How can I get Income Tax benefit from HRA?”

  1. HRA exemption is given to person getting HRA and PAYING rent.You are , as per your question, not paying any rent.

    Therefore, if you try to get the tax benefit on HRA by ARRANGING payment receipts , you will be doing crime of tax evasion. Not only will you be in trouble, your parents may also feel the heat.Which you NEVER want.

    Pay the tax!

  2. You are residing in a foreign country, working for a Chennai based company and want to pay rent for a Kolkata accomodation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How do you people without brains even get employed?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

17 + nine =