Enquiry on Family Pension of a retired Cental Govt.Employee?

One of my old aged relative was a central govt. employee who retired in mid 1975. His wife passed away due to a carcinogenic ailment. He is presently aged around 93 years, who have a son aged approx.60 yrs.old, who is a total mentally retarded with ill health and is fully dependant on his father for the last 35 years. The pernsioner is also having two younger son & daughter both married & staying in nearby area. He is staying alone with his mentally retarded son in a very shabby condition.He is having a persisting mental agony for this retarted son and want some arrangement for his crippled son before he passes away. The pensioner confides on her married daughter rather than the married son. So he wants that the family pension benefit to be passed for the maintenance of his retarded son by nominating his daughter.His financial standing otherwise is meagre for his son’s maintenance after his death. Can anyone provide detailed guidelines as to how the pensioner can make such arrangement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

two × three =

  1. He needs to make a legal will that clearly shows how he wants his assets distributed. Anything he just says to anyone will not count, and the estate would go into probate. Without a will the government will determine the value of the estate, and divide the assets between all the eligible children. If this is not what he wants, then he absolutely needs to draw up and sign a will.

  2. He can execute a will and hand over the same to the pension authorities. But then, who will look after the mentally retarted son?. It is better if a will is drawn favouring an “age old home” on the condition that they will maintain the son for his life time.