Capital Gains on inherited property after re-development?

Our property is 50 years old & are developing residential scheme on our own (finance through bank – mortage loan against land). Out of say 4 units we are planning to sell 2 units & balance 2 units wiil be kept for self occupancy. In this case are we supposed to pay any capital gains tax? Experts Please respond.

2 Replies to “Capital Gains on inherited property after re-development?”

  1. land value+ cost of improvement= total cost
    total cost/ area in sft

    sale value for 2 unit- cost value= capital gain
    pay tax on that.


  2. you can show it as your personal transaction & then pay capital gain tax one it or you can start a new business & treat as your business income. Showing it as capital gain would reduce your tax liability.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

two × 3 =