3 Replies to “Can we add minor child as joint holder in bank accounts, fixed deposits and property?”

  1. Usually yes, but find out if they can take money out without your knowledge.

    Why do you want to do this – in case something happens? If so, get a will – much better

  2. Put the child as a beneficiary in your accounts.
    Put together a will.
    Only if you are very, very old and thinking that you may not live long, would I do this.

  3. Yes. But you should specify who represents the minor, during minority. It is always the natural guardian who represents the minor. In the absence of the natural guardian, court appoints a guardian.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eleven + ten =