5 Replies to “can i open ppf account in my wife name and can i get rebate uner section 80C.?”

  1. No you will not get the rebate. The PPF account should be in your name to avail the rebate. Nowadays most financial transactions are tracked using PAN no.

  2. Life Insurance premium paid for spouse and children can be claimed by you as deduction under section 80C but contribution to PPF account in the name of wife can not be claimed so.

  3. yes ,You can claim deduction u/s 80C by deposit amount in your wife’s name.Further you can invest in childrens name also but in case of minor child your and minor child saving should not be more than 70000 in a year.

Leave a Reply to SURYADEEP AGRAWAL Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

15 + 19 =