can I gift capital gain bonds to my son?

I will take capital gain bonds to get tax benefit from the sale of property.can I gift these bonds to my son or transfer it in his name?

2 Replies to “can I gift capital gain bonds to my son?”

  1. Yes you can. But you have to wait till the lock in period that is at least three years expire.
    Secondly, even if you gift it still the income accrued or received will be added in your income. So, you donot save anything.

  2. Why sure you can BUT you will want to make sure that you do this correctly and at the right time in your life to try and get it to come out like you want.
    But you will have some taxable income to be reported on your 1040 income tax return in the year that you do this transfer from your name and social security number to your sons information for that purpose because you will have a transaction involved with this matter when you choose to complete it.
    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 08/15/2011

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

two × one =