Aadhaar card is one of the important document in present times in India. But the main problem is that after standing in long queues for hours, many are still waiting for their aadhaar card. Although the official website of UIDAI has given facility to check your aadhaar card status online, (http://www.investmentkit.com/articles/2013/01/how-to-check-your-aadhaar-card-status-online/), still you have to wait.
Now, the good news is that you can download your aadhaar card directly from UIDAI website in e-format and give it your bank, gas agency etc.
P.S. I’m getting lots of queries wherein people are giving me their enrollment number and asking me to send their aadhaar card. Please note that I’m NOT authorize to do so. Only you, as the owner of your aadhaar card, can do it. I’ve explained the steps to download aadhaar card online below. Please go through the article and do it yourself.
So, let’s see the procedure.
Get your Aadhar acknowledgement slip, which you’ve got at the time of registering your details. It’s like this.
Note the Enrolment no. and date, time in the slip.
Visit e-aadhaar website at https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
You’ll get the screen like this.
Just fill the simple form on the website. You need to enterenrolment number, date and time (mentioned in your enrolment slip), your full name, pincode of your city, some text given on the screen for security verification and mobile phone number, which you’d given at the time of registration.
Click on Get One Time Password.
It will send one high security password as SMS to your mobile phone number.
Now, enter that password in next field labeled as “Enter OTP” and click on Validate and Download.
It will download one PDF file. Take the printout and relax.
Note: If the mobile number was not registered at the time of registration, the applicants will not be able to receive the password. For that, you need to update your details. Check here http://www.investmentkit.com/articles/2013/02/how-to-update-your-aadhaar-data/
P.S. If you see ‘validity unknown’ icon on your e-Aadhaar, than
Steps to Validate Digital Signatures
Computer must be connected to internet whicle validating digital signature.
- Right click on the ‘validity unknown’ icon and click on ‘Validate Signature’.
- You will get the signature validation status window, click on ‘Signature Properties’.
- Click on ‘Show Certificate..’
- Verify that there is a certification path named ‘NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’. This identifies ‘NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’ as the owner of the digital certificate that has been used when signing the document.
- Mark the certification path named ‘NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’, click the ‘Trust’ tab and then ‘Add to Trusted Identities’.
- Answer ‘OK’ to any security question that follows.
- Check(?) the field for ‘Use this certificate as a trusted root’ and click ‘OK’ twice to close this and the next window.
- Click ‘Validate Signature’ to execute the validation.
Note: – Once ‘NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’ has been as a Trusted Identity, any subsequent documents with digital signatures from CCA will be validated automatically when opened.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!
March 26, 2013