What is exact procedure to submit form 15G/H to a Bank, how many copies of PAN card, form itself?

by admin on June 14, 2012

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)

Is the form 15G/H is customer ID specific or a specific deposit account specific, Different banks are following different procedures , they put blame on Income tax department. Some accept the form in duplicate, some in triplicate, some do not ask PAN card copy , some are asking two or three copies !
Income Tax site is not user friendly, hence this question.


Those who found this page were searching for:

income tax 15g 15h form,form 15G,form no 15G,15g form,Income Tax Form 15G,income tax 15g form,income tax forms 15g,form 15g income tax india,form 15g income tax,15g form for fixed deposit

{ 3 Answers… read them below or add one }

ChummaUmma June 14, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Normally these forms have to be obtaine din duplicate-one for depositor and the second copy for the bank.The insistence on PAN card is to ensure that correct PAN number is filled in in the forms.


SANTOSH KUMAR June 14, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Correct rule is to submit these forms and copy in duplicate. One copy is send to Income Tax Department by bank and other is kept by them for their records purpose.
Form more information visit income tax web site http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in and follow link
Income Tax Rules > Form 15G/H and read the footnote and instruction in respect of these forms.


jitesh June 14, 2012 at 2:24 pm

form 15g/h is used for prevention of tds to be deducted on deposits income. it is to be submitted in duplicate to bank, one is sent to income tax, and other copy remains with bank.one copy of pan card can be asked for but, many banks only verify the original and see whether the correct pan is entrered in it or not


Subscribe to Professional Answers on Investments by Email

Note: You will soon get email from Google Feedburner to confirm your subscription.

Professional Answers on Investments

Leave a Comment

If you are not satisfied with the above answers, tell us below and we will give you right answer.


If you know the better answer, post below and prove your knowledge.

Previous post:

Next post: