Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

5 Answers

  1. ulagam on Dec 12, 2011 reply

    I think you need to pay entry tax.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Easwaramoorthy S on Dec 12, 2011 reply

    You can drive the vehicle in Karnataka with the same number and need not pay any Road tax.. if you are going to be for a temprory period of three months but you have to pay some entry tax or so which will be nominal but if your stay is going to be more than three months and extending beyond one year then you have to apply for re registeration in karnataka by paying life tax and number change to KA then claim your refund from Tamil nadu rto which take more time with any govt agencies.
    but if your stay is going to be temprory and frequently you will be visiting other states then you dont change your numberand pay only the entry or temprory tax for the period u r going to be there.
    The complete details can be obtained in website.www.indiacar.com where in an experienced DGP Dr Pasricha clarified various different questions and given answers . you can browse through the question and answers in that and you will gt complete clarity.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. amit a on Dec 12, 2011 reply

    no, you have to pay road tax of karnataka. if you are staying there for more then a month, then you have to pay road tax. if you are not stay there less then one month, then there is no need to pay any tax. just enjoy.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. SIVA KUMAR on Feb 03, 2013 reply

    Dear Sir,
    I purchased two wheeler in 2008 at Chennai and had paid all taxes there. I did not use the vehicle much and there are no violations also. Afterwards i moved to Karnataka for employment purposes.I did not take any NOC while moving to Karnataka. .Now i am continuing the same number. One of my friend suggested me to pay karnataka life time tax for the vehicle so that i can continue the same number i.e Tamilnadu registration at Karnataka also. I checked with the agent, he is asking around 5000-6000 for doing this process. May please guide me the process of payment of life time tax, forms needed and the amount to be paid. Please guide me whether the same can be done online to avoid mediators in this transaction.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    • admin on Feb 06, 2013 reply

      Hello Siva,
      The above 2 answers seems to be informative. Please check them.

      0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes


Subscribe to Professional Answers on Investments by Email

Note: You will soon get email from Google Feedburner to confirm your subscription.

Professional Answers on Investments

If you are not satisfied with the above answers, tell us below and we will give you right answer.


If you know the better answer, post below and prove your knowledge.

Answer Question

Do you like this website? Get future updates via our Free newsletter.

Email ID:


InvestmentKit is also available in



Our Network:

InvestmentKit.com DodaCharts.com IndianPostOffice.Helpof.com AnswersKit.com SBILifeInsurance.Helpof.com RTILeaks.com
PaisaYehPaisa.com PublicProvidentFundIndia.com TechnologyPedia.com MoneySavingsHelp.com VedicAstrologyKit.com  
YellowPagesKit.com InvestmentKit.us InvestmentKit.com.au AadhaarCardUIDAI.in    
 Privacy and Disclaimer  


Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.

Mutual Fund investments are subject to market risks. Please read the offer document carefully before investing.