Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers

  1. dannyboy on Mar 08, 2011 reply

    It is very simple. Just request them in writing and surrender the unused cheque leaves. They will transfer the account in 3/4 days. You can collect your new cheque book at the new SBI branch.

    +9 Votes Thumb up 11 Votes Thumb down 2 Votes

  2. shankar on Mar 08, 2011 reply

    You cannot transfer the account. But you can open a new account in the new branch and ask to transfer the amount to the new branch and then close the old branch account

    -21 Votes Thumb up 3 Votes Thumb down 24 Votes

  3. Gopal on Mar 08, 2011 reply

    It is simple. Approach the Branch and submit the application for the purpose in writing. Under CBS it takes hardly a few minutes as only the Code number of the Branch is to be fed by the Branch staff and the account stands transferred to the Branch of your choice.

    However, the present account under CBS can be operated upon from any where in the country and there is no need to get the account transferred.

    +1 Votes Thumb up 2 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes


Subscribe to Professional Answers on Investments by Email

Note: You will soon get email from Google Feedburner to confirm your subscription.

Professional Answers on Investments

If you are not satisfied with the above answers, tell us below and we will give you right answer.


If you know the better answer, post below and prove your knowledge.

Answer Question

Do you like this website? Get future updates via our Free newsletter.

Email ID:


InvestmentKit is also available in



Our Network:

InvestmentKit.com DodaCharts.com IndianPostOffice.Helpof.com AnswersKit.com SBILifeInsurance.Helpof.com RTILeaks.com
PaisaYehPaisa.com PublicProvidentFundIndia.com TechnologyPedia.com MoneySavingsHelp.com VedicAstrologyKit.com  
YellowPagesKit.com InvestmentKit.us InvestmentKit.com.au AadhaarCardUIDAI.in IndianRailwaysPNR.in BreakingNewsKit.com
 Privacy and Disclaimer  


Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.

Mutual Fund investments are subject to market risks. Please read the offer document carefully before investing.