Can a person in INDIA of Hindu Undivided family take benefit of ITax rebate u/s80C of LIC premium?

by admin on December 10, 2011

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)

That a person in his own name invested 1lacs rupees in ELSS and insurance under 80C. Can he again get benefit under section 80c for investment in insurance policies under the Hindu Undivided Family pancard. That means will he get tax rebate for investment of 2lacs in ELSS and insurance schemes against the normal limit of 1lacs. will he get tax benefit for 2lacs.


Those who found this page were searching for:

hindu undivided family,divided and undivided family,undivided hindu family,incom tex and hinsu nudivided family,hundu undivided family,HONDU UNDIVIDE FAMILY,hindu undivided family partnership deed,hindu undivided family income tax india,hindu undivided family huf income tax,Hindu Undivided Family Act

{ 2 Answers… read them below or add one }

Mathew December 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm


I was looking into my insurance a couple of months ago. This site contains a great deal of helpful information:


HMT December 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Under the Income Tax Act, a HUF is treated as a separate entity for the purpose of assessment.
Since the HUF is a separate entity, it can earn income from all the income heads except income from salary.
The HUF can claim Rs 1,00,000 deduction under Section 80C, when it files its ITR.

You can also claim Rs 1,00,000 deduction under Section 80C, when you file your ITR as an individual to declare your income.


Subscribe to Professional Answers on Investments by Email

Note: You will soon get email from Google Feedburner to confirm your subscription.

Professional Answers on Investments

Leave a Comment

If you are not satisfied with the above answers, tell us below and we will give you right answer.


If you know the better answer, post below and prove your knowledge.

Previous post:

Next post: